DeLima records three goals and one assist for Western New England
DUDLEY, Mass. (September 19, 2017) – The Western New England University field hockey team registered a 4-0 victory over Nichols College on Tuesday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Vendetti Field.
• Senior forward Brittany DeLima (Branchville, N.J.) factored into all four Western New England goals, scoring three herself and recording an assist on the other.
• Freshman Haley Daigneault (Longmeadow, Mass.) tallied her second goal of the season, and senior goalie Grace Trupe (Cardiff, Calif.) registered a two-save shutout.
• DeLima staked the Golden Bears to a 1-0 lead at the 12:01 mark of the first half when she scored on a rebound following a shot by Daigneault.
• Western New England led by the same margin at the break, before DeLima made it 2-0 just under three minutes into the second half.
• The senior completed her hat trick at the 51:38 mark on a feed from sophomore Jacqueline Clark (Auburn, Mass.), and Daigneault capped the scoring with 7:13 left in the contest.
• With 35 career goals, DeLima is now two shy of matching Alyssa Katz for third on the program's all-time list. Her 99 career points are also good for fourth all-time.
• Western New England outshot Nichols 23-6 and held an 11-2 advantage in penalty corners.
The Golden Bears (3-2, 1-1 CCC) return home to host the University of New England on Friday night, while Nichols (2-3, 0-2 CCC) travels to Gordon on Saturday.