Medlicott leads Western New England with one goal, one assist
GREENWICH, Conn. (March 4, 2017) – The No. 6 nationally ranked St. Lawrence University men's lacrosse team opened up a 9-0 halftime lead on its way to a 16-3, non-conference victory over Western New England University this afternoon at the Brunswick School.
• Senior Frank Medlicott (Stanwood, Wash.) had a hand in two of Western New England's goals, scoring one himself and recording an assist on another.
• Junior Nicholas Beauchamp (Wilbraham, Mass.) and freshman Nick Gamba (East Islip, N.Y.) also found the back of the net for the Golden Bears.
• Senior Andrew Jarrett (Weston, Mass.) led the way for the Saints with a game-high five goals.
• Junior Jordan Dow (Sudbury, Mass.) scored a pair of goals while dishing out two assists.
• Dow and Jarrett combined for three goals as St. Lawrence opened up a 5-0 lead after one quarter.
• Jarrett netted two more goals in the second quarter, including a man-up tally with 4:06 on the clock, helping the Saints extend their advantage to 9-0 at the break.
• Medlicott got the Golden Bears on the board at the 9:30 mark of the third quarter, and Beauchamp scored late in the frame, but Western New England trailed 13-2 heading into the fourth.
• Gamba netted his second of the season on a feed from Medlicott with 8:31 remaining in the contest, capping the scoring for the Golden Bears.
• St. Lawrence outshot Western New England 43-25 and held a 12-9 edge at the faceoff X.
• Freshman Oscar Djusberg (Abington, Mass.) picked up a team-high three ground balls for the Golden Bears.
• St. Lawrence entered the game ranked No. 6 in the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (USILA)/Nike Division III Poll.
Western New England (0-2) will look to get back on track this Tuesday night, as the Golden Bears return home to host Amherst College at 7 p.m. St. Lawrence (1-0) travels to Plattsburgh, N.Y. to take on Castleton University on Wednesday.