Baker posts first multi-goal performance of collegiate career
TAMPA, Fla. (March 17, 2017) – The Western New England University men's lacrosse team was dealt a 19-3 setback to No. 4 nationally ranked Ithaca College tonight in non-conference action at the Naimoli Complex on the campus of the University of Tampa.
• Freshman Liam Baker (Mount Laurel, N.J.) posted the first multi-goal effort of his collegiate career, while senior Frank Medlicott (Stanwood, Wash.) also scored for the Golden Bears.
• Sophomore Will Witter (West Hartford, Conn.) fueled Ithaca's offense with a game-high six goals, while junior Jake Cotton (Framingham, Mass.) tallied seven points with three goals and four assists.
• The Bombers raced out to a 4-0 lead 5:40 into the contest with the help of goals from Witter and Cotton.
• After Baker got Western New England on the board with a man-up goal at the 6:29 mark, Ithaca closed out the frame with a 4-0 run and led 8-1 after 15 minutes of action.
• Cotton, Witter and senior Jack Shumway (South Hadley, Mass.) tallied two goals apiece in the second quarter as Ithaca extended its lead to 15-1 at halftime.
• Medlicott recorded Western New England's lone goal of third quarter on a feed from senior Keegan Dudeck (Longmeadow, Mass.) early in the period, and Baker netted his second of the contest with 6:22 remaining in regulation to cap the scoring for the Golden Bears.
• Ithaca outshot Western New England 45-28 and held an 18-7 advantage in faceoffs.
• The Golden Bears were successful on 12-of-17 clear attempts.
Western New England (0-6) returns to action next Saturday, as the Golden Bears host crosstown rival Springfield College at 1 p.m. Ithaca (6-0) heads home to take on SUNY Oneonta on Wednesday.