Beauchamp posts fourth multi-goal game this season with team-high four tallies
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (March 25, 2017) – The Springfield College men's lacrosse team opened up a 12-3 halftime lead on its way to a 14-8 victory over Western New England University this afternoon in non-conference action at Golden Bear Stadium.
• Junior Nicholas Beauchamp (Wilbraham, Mass.) led the Western New England offense with a team-high four goals, while freshman Nick Gamba (East Islip, N.Y.) added two.
• Sophomore Hunter Cocks (Walden, N.Y.) went 14-for-19 at the faceoff X and collected a team-high seven ground balls.
• Junior Tom Hurley (Goffstown, N.H.) posted a six-point effort for Springfield with three goals and three assists.
• Graduate student Brendan Boss (West Springfield, Mass.) and sophomore Lucas Habich (Little Silver, N.J.) contributed four points each (three goals, one assist), while junior goalie Jake Reynolds (Scituate, Mass.) made 16 saves.
• After senior Keegan Dudeck (Longmeadow, Mass.) tied the contest at 1-1 with his fourth goal of the season at the 13:36 of the opening quarter, Boss bookended a 5-0 Springfield run with goals at 12:37 and 5:13 as the Pride claimed a 6-1 advantage. Beauchamp scored late in the period to cut Western New England's deficit to four heading into the second quarter.
• Springfield added to its lead with three quick goals early in the second, and after Beauchamp got one back for the Golden Bears at the 11:40 mark, the Pride closed out the half with another 3-0 run to open up a 12-3 lead at the break.
• Springfield held its largest lead of the contest (13-3) following Hurley's third goal of the game early in the third quarter. Western New England pulled back to within seven (13-6) after three quarters as Beauchamp tallied two more goals and Gamba scored on a feed from Dudeck with 3:58 left in the frame.
• Gamba and classmate Liam Baker (Mount Laurel, N.J.) both found the back of the net in the fourth quarter, cutting the final margin to six.
• Western New England went a perfect 14-for-14 on clears, and the Golden Bears held a 29-27 edge in ground balls.
• Beauchamp leads Western New England with 13 goals this season.
• Springfield is among teams receiving votes in this week's USILA/Nike Division III Poll.
Western New England (0-7) will face another tough test on Tuesday, as the Golden Bears are scheduled to travel to Medford, Mass. to take on No. 2 ranked Tufts University at 3:30 p.m. Springfield (4-1) will be on the road at No. 9 Amherst on Wednesday.