Dudeck tallies season-high five points for Western New England
MEDFORD, Mass. (March 28, 2017) – The Western New England University men's lacrosse team completed the non-conference portion of its 2017 schedule with a 22-8 setback to No. 2 nationally ranked Tufts University on Tuesday afternoon at Bello Field.
• Senior Keegan Dudeck (Longmeadow, Mass.) led the Golden Bears with a season-high five points (two goals, three assists), while junior Nicholas Beauchamp (Wilbraham, Mass.) added two goals.
• Sophomore Nick Katz (Manhattan, N.Y.) powered the Tufts offense with a game-best four goals on 11 shots. Classmate Danny Murphy (Hauppauge, N.Y.) posted a six-point effort with one goal and five assists, while senior Zach Richman (Woodmere, N.Y.) finished with three goals and one assist.
• Early goals by Katz and Richman had Tufts ahead 2-0 just over two minutes into the contest, but Beauchamp got Western New England on the board just 42 seconds later, sparking a 4-1 run that saw the Golden Bears claim a 4-3 edge with 4:01 remaining in the first quarter.
• Western New England led by the same margin (5-4) through 15 minutes of play as junior Justin Holl (Mount Laurel, N.J.) tallied his first goal of the season on a feed from Dudeck at the 2:25 mark.
• The Jumbos took control from there, however, outscoring Western New England 9-1 in the second quarter to open up a 13-6 lead at the break.
• A 5-0 third quarter advantage allowed Tufts to extend its lead to 18-6 heading into the final frame.
• Dudeck and freshman Liam Baker (Mount Laurel, N.J.) both scored in the fourth quarter for Western New England.
• The Jumbos outshot the Golden Bears 65-27 and held a 33-20 advantage in ground balls.
• Led by sophomore Henry Hollen (San Diego, Calif.), Tufts won 20 of 34 face-offs.
Western New England (0-8) opens Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play tomorrow night at Gordon, while Tufts (8-0) travels to Connecticut College on Saturday.