Medlicott powers Golden Bears with game-high four goals
MILTON, Mass. (April 5, 2017) – The Western New England University men's lacrosse team earned its third consecutive win with a 10-4 victory over Curry College on Wednesday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Walter M. Katz Field.
• Senior Frank Medlicott (Stanwood, Wash.) led the Western New England offense with a game-high four goals, three of which came in the first half.
• Freshman Nick Gamba (East Islip, N.Y.) chipped in with two goals, while senior Keegan Dudeck (Longmeadow, Mass.) handed out three assists.
• Junior goalie Steven Kerr (Hopkinton, Mass.) was strong in net, stopping 15 of the 19 shots that came his way.
• Sophomore Dakota Sanders (Oak Bluffs, Mass.) was among four different goal scorers for Curry.
• Medlicott staked the Golden Bears to a 1-0 lead just over a minute into the contest on a feed from Dudeck.
• After almost 12 minutes of scoreless action, the senior doubled Western New England's advantage with his second goal of the quarter at the 2:13 mark.
• Sanders got the Colonels on the board with 1:19 remaining in the opening period, and sophomore Devin Newell (Medford, Mass.) scored with 18 seconds on the clock to tie the score at 2-2 heading into the second quarter.
• Western New England took control in the second, winning 3-of-4 face-offs and outscoring Curry 4-0 to claim a 6-2 lead.
• Dudeck set up junior Nicholas Beauchamp (Wilbraham, Mass.) for a man-up goal at the 12:13 mark, and sophomore Jared Ward (Littleton, Mass.) tallied an unassisted goal 1:06 later. Junior Chris Stone (Drexel Hill, Pa.) capped Western New England's three-goal surge 17 seconds later as the Golden Bears quickly opened up a 5-2 advantage.
• Medlicott completed his hat trick in the closing seconds of the quarter to extend the visitors' lead to four (6-2) at the break.
• Each team scored once in the third quarter, and Western New England outscored Curry 3-1 in the fourth to push the final margin to six.
• The Golden Bears outshot Curry 40-27, including 23-11 in the second and fourth quarters.
• Dudeck has recorded multiple points in five straight games and now leads the team with 27 this season.
Western New England (3-8, 3-0 CCC) returns home to face Endicott on Saturday at 4 p.m., while Curry (6-5, 2-2 CCC) hosts Wentworth at 3 p.m.