BRISTOL, R.I. (September 3, 2016) – The Western New England University men's cross country team turned in a ninth-place finish this morning at the season-opening Roger Williams Invitational, held at Colt State Park.
Colby-Sawyer finished first in the 11-team field with a score of 51 after placing three runners in the top-10. Wentworth (76) followed in second, while UMass Dartmouth (88) rounded out the top three.
• Senior Eric Murphy (Holliston, Mass.) was the first Golden Bear to complete the five-kilometer course, doing so in 17:54.72, which was good for 27th overall in the 99-person field.
• Junior Chris Goymer (Pinecrest, Fla.) followed in 34th with a time of 18:04.82.
• Junior Adrian Barber (Castleton, N.Y.) was right behind Goymer, finishing 35th overall and clocking in at 18:05.21.
Also Running for Western New England
• Junior Jonathan Ricciardi (Pattersonville, N.Y.) – 50th, 18:31.51
• Junior Nico Gallo (Ludlow, Mass.) – 55th, 18:45.34
• Senior Connor Ross (Hanson, Mass.) – 63rd, 18:56.42
• Junior Tim Caves (Wenham, Mass.) – 67th, 19:14.72
• Senior Sean Wiggin (Warwick, R.I.) – 78th, 19:59.21
• Senior Nick Haley (Mansfield, Mass.) – 82nd, 20:34.50
• Senior Dana Aylward (Atkinson, N.H.) – 87th, 20:56.77
• Senior Bryan Blair (Tolland, Conn.) – 91st, 21:19.01
Western New England returns to action next Saturday at the Smith College Invitational in Northampton, Mass.