Goymer, Barber lead the way for WNE
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (October 15, 2016) – The Western New England University men's cross country team turned in a sixth-place finish earlier today at its annual Western New England Invitational.
The Golden Bears finished sixth in the 21-team field with a score of 187. SUNY Delhi (34) placed four runners inside the top-ten en route to the team title, while the University of New England (115) and Westfield State (119) finished second and third, respectively. Damon Kilgore of Gordon was the top individual finisher, completing the eight-kilometer course 25:36.
• Junior Chris Goymer (Pinecrest, Fla.) paced the Golden Bears for the second straight week, earning a 21st-place finish in the 193-runner field with a time of 27:59.
• Junior Adrian Barber (Castleton, N.Y.) followed in 29th place and clocked in at 28:29.
• Senior Eric Murphy (Holliston, Mass.) posted a time of 28:36, good for 33rd overall.
Also Scoring for Western New England
• Junior Jonathan Ricciardi (Pattersonville, N.Y.) – 42nd overall (28:54)
• Senior Connor Ross (Hanson, Mass.) – 69th overall (29:41)
The Golden Bears will be off next weekend, before returning to their home course on Saturday, October 29, when Western New England hosts the 2016 Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championship.