SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (April 8, 2017) – The Western New England University women's lacrosse team fell to Endicott College, 18-4, on Saturday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Golden Bear Stadium.
Prior to the start of the contest, Western New England honored senior defender Alexa Kimker (Waltham, Mass.) and graduate midfielder Emma Norden (Belchertown, Mass.) for their contributions to the program.
• Juniors Julia Winer (Longmeadow, Mass.) and Rachel Canning (Lincoln Park, N.J.) led the Western New England offense with two points each, as Winer scored a pair of goals and Canning registered one goal and one assist.
• Norden scored her tenth goal of the season and collected three ground balls to go with one caused turnover.
• Freshman Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) paced the Gulls with five points (four goals, one assist) and seven draw controls, while senior Emily Whitney (Rye, N.H.) added four goals and junior Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Conn.) chipped in with three.
• Endicott raced out to a 5-0 lead over the first 6:26 of the contest with the help of two goals by Lennon.
• Winer got the Golden Bears on the board at the 21:47 mark, sparking a 3-1 run that saw Western New England cut its deficit to three (6-3) with 15:55 remaining in the half.
• Led by three goals from Lacroix, Endicott closed out the period with a 7-0 run to claim a 13-3 lead at the break.
• The Gulls scored the first five goals of the second half, before Norden snapped Western New England's drought with a free position goal late in regulation.
• Endicott outshot Western New England 39-22, but the two teams were even with 22 ground balls each.
• The Gulls held a 21-3 advantage in draw controls.
• Canning (41) and Winer (37) rank first and second on the team in points.
Western New England (4-8, 1-3 CCC) travels to Nichols on Tuesday, while Endicott (8-3, 5-0 CCC) returns home to host Salve Regina.