Breen scores twice for Western New England
BEVERLY, Mass. (April 7, 2018) – The Western New England University women's lacrosse team suffered a 17-2 setback to Endicott College on Saturday afternoon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Hempstead Stadium.
• Coming off a career-best seven-point effort in Wednesday's win over Wentworth, junior attack Kristen Breen (Ellington, Conn.) again led the Western New England offense with two goals.
• Endicott sophomore midfielder Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) paced the Gulls with five points (four goals, one assist), nine draw controls, two ground balls and one caused turnover.
• Sophomore Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.) scored two goals and set up five others, while senior Erin McCarthy (Old Lyme, Conn.) registered a hat trick.
Endicott jumped out to a 2-0 lead over the first two minutes of the contest, with junior Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.) scoring both goals for the home team.
The Gulls never looked back from there, as they built a 12-0 lead before Breen got the Golden Bears on the board with 7:10 remaining in the first half.
Endicott, which held a 14-1 advantage at the break, scored the first three goals of the second half.
Breen tallied her second goal of the contest with 11:06 to play to cap the scoring for both teams.
• Endicott outshot Western New England 39-10 and secured 14-of-20 draws.
• With nine points over the last two games, Breen is now tied for second on the team with 16 points.
Both teams will be back in action on Tuesday, as Western New England (2-9, 2-2 CCC) returns home to host Nichols and Endicott (8-3, 4-0 CCC) remains in Beverly to face Gordon.