Sheinhait, Lief, Snider & Mangiaratti all record two wins each for Golden Bears
CHICOPEE, Mass. (January 10, 2018) – The Western New England University women's swimming team set five program records in a 146-98 victory over Elms College on Wednesday afternoon at Partyka Natatorium.
• Senior Erika Sheinhait (Framingham, Mass.) was among four Golden Bears to post a pair of event wins. Sheinhait finished first in the 200-meter freestyle (2:22.56) and set a record with her time of 5:07.61 in the 400-freestyle. The senior also set a new program mark in the 50-freestyle (29.53) leading off the Golden Bears' 200-freestyle relay.
• Senior Janelle Lief (San Jose, Calif.) turned in first place efforts in the 50-butterfly (33.63 seconds) and 100-butterfly (1:16.19) to go with a runner-up performance in the 100-freestyle (1:16.98).
• Freshman Lauren Mangiaratti (Ashland, Mass.) swam to first place in both the 100-breaststroke (1:26.11) and 200-breaststroke (3:07.17).
• Sophomore Kayla Snider (Leesburg, Va.) was also victorious in two events, as she placed first in the 50-meter backstroke (33.87 seconds) and the 100-meter backstroke (1:16.38) while setting a program record in the 200-individual medley (2:41.92).
• Senior Jacquelyn Peterson (Beverly, Mass.) registered a second-place finish in the 800-meter freestyle (11:14.76) and later finished third in the 50-meter freestyle (32.77 seconds).
• A pair of Western New England relays also set program records. The 200 medley relay team of Snider, Mangiaratti, Lief and Sheinhait earned a time of 2:13.93, while the 800 freestyle relay of Lief, senior Julia Winer (Longmeadow, Mass.), senior Ali Johnstone (Southwick, Mass.) and junior Sharon Lui (Milton, Mass.) clocked in at 12:02.85.
Western New England will be off for a week, before returning to the AHLC Pool to host Gordon College next Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.