Bundy leads Golden Bears with seven kills
BEVERLY, Mass. (October 11, 2017) – The Western New England University volleyball team suffered a 3-0 (25-16, 25-15, 25-19) setback at Endicott College on Wednesday evening in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at MacDonald Gymnasium.
• Freshman middle blocker Abigail Bundy (Lebanon, Conn.) led the Golden Bears offensively with a team-high seven kills.
• Sophomore setter Caitlyn Sibiskie (Rockfall, Conn.) recorded 23 assists, four digs, three kills, three aces and two block assists.
• Senior outside hitter Emmaline Chiodini (St. Louis, Mo.) finished with a team-best 14 digs and four kills.
• Junior outside hitter Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.) paced the Gulls with a match-high 14 kills on a .364 attack percentage to go with five digs and two aces.
• Sophomore setter Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) totaled 32 assists and ten digs.
• Endicott won the first six points of the opening set and never let its lead fall below three en route to a nine-point victory.
• Leading 6-4 early in the second frame following a kill by Bundy, the Gulls posted an 8-0 run to stretch their advantage to ten. Western New England was unable to recover, as the Golden Bears fell into an 0-2 hole in the match.
• The visitors used a 4-0 run with a pair of aces from Sibiskie to gain an 11-10 edge in the third set, and they held a lead midway through the frame at 14-13. Endicott took control from there, however, ending the set with a 12-5 run to complete the sweep.
• Sibiskie has recorded 20+ assists in 15 consecutive matches.
• The Golden Bears hit .096 overall, while the Gulls posted a .305 attack percentage.
Western New England (10-10, 2-3 CCC) returns home to host Mount Holyoke on Thursday night, while Endicott (12-8, 5-1 CCC) travels to Wellesley on Friday.